Last updated on: 24th May 2018
- For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), Stainless Games Limited (“Stainless Games”, “we” or “us”) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company which is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
- What personally identifiable information do we collect and store?
- No personally identifiable information is collected when you only access the public areas of the Website.
- We collect and store information which you provide through opening a Website account, completing forms on our Website, placing an order for products or making a donation to a funding campaign, or in communications with us.
- Our iOS, Android and other ‘apps’ may use a service called Flurry Analytics in order to collect statistical data about your usage of our applications, without infringing your privacy rights. The types of non-personal data we may collect and use include, but are not limited to: (i) Media Access Control (“MAC”) address (as an anonymous unique device ID); (ii) Game Center ID (as an anonymous unique device ID); (iii) game session statistics. This data is used to improve the services offered to you. Flurry is not responsible for any use by us of any data about you. To find out more, visit http://www.flurry.com/about-us/legal/privacy.html. You can opt out at any time by visiting http://www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html. Our iOS, Android and other ‘apps’ may use a service called Chartboost, for which we may collect and send to Chartboost information including, but not limited to: (i) a Unique Device Identifier or other Device ID, (ii) Ad Unit ID, mapped to the correct application that is in use by the end user, (iii) device type, (iv) language, (v) OS version, (vi) SDK version, (vii) device model, (viii) display type and (ix) country. We may also notify Chartboost when an application is opened by the user. This data is used to improve the services offered to you. For more information, please visit https://help.chartboost.com/legal/privacy.
- What happens to the information provided/collected?
- Third Parties
- We may supply your personal information to external third parties who provide a service to us for the purpose of that service. This includes transmission of information about your payment accounts to third party payment processors to complete product orders or donations to our funding campaigns.
- If you have agreed on our websites, we may provide your email address to our business partners so that they can send you emails with details of goods or services which may be of interest to you including information about special offers or promotions.
- We may share information with third parties to the extent necessary for us to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud, and protect the safety of our users.
- Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
- We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent we believe it reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes, and will protect it using the same level of safeguards we use to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of our own equivalent proprietary information. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy will agree to provide sufficient protection. We may store or transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated in this policy.
- Note that while we strive to protect all the personally identifiable information which we collect, we cannot guarantee that such breaches will not happen in relation to this Website. Should we discover a material data breach that may compromise your personally identifiable information, we will inform you as soon as practicable.
- Review, correction and deletion of information from our records
- If, for data protection purposes, you are concerned that the personally identifiable information which we hold about you is not correct, or should you wish to have your personal information removed from our records, please write to us at our registered office (see above): or email us at email@example.com explaining the personally identifiable information which you wish to be deleted, modified or removed. This is normally a free service, unless this process proves to be unduly difficult and takes more time, clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive in which case we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to respond.
- Once we have received your request, we will review it and contact you within 30 days of our receipt of your request. unless your request is complex or you have made a large number of requests in which case we will notify you of any delay and will in any event reply within 3 months.
- Your choices
At any time, you can change choices you have previously made as to use of your personal information. You may choose: a) Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of the Website b) To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy c) To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our Website may not function properly d) To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have a user account, by logging into that account.
- Your California privacy rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information: a) The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
b) The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information
c) If the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Account Information and Password
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) account information or a password as part of our security measures which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping these confidential.
- We ask you not to share such account information or passwords with anyone and remember to log-out when you are not using our website to prevent unauthorised access.
- International transfers
- Some of our third party providers are businesses outside of the EEA in countries which do not always offer the same levels of protection for your personal data. We do our best to ensure a similar degree of security by ensuring that contracts, code of conduct or certification are in place which give your personal data the same protection it has within Europe. If we are not able to do so, we will request your explicit consent to the transfer and you can withdraw this consent at any time.
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We may retain your data to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements so for example we need to keep certain information about you for 6 years after you cease to be a client for tax purposes.
- Data Retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We may retain your data to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements so for example we need to keep certain information about you for 6 years after you cease to be a client for tax purposes.
- Data Security
Protecting your data is important to us and we have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that you can no longer be identified from such data) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How to contact us
130 -132 High Street, Newport, Isle Of Wight, PO30 1TP
+44 (0)1983 827227