We are only recruiting for the positions specified. Please do not apply for any other positions. However, things change rapidly in this industry so keep checking back here for updates.
Closing date: 31st January 2018
General overview of position:
Responsible for assisting the Producer on a title or sequence of titles in project planning, tracking and team management. This will require high-levels of commitment, tenacity and project management to succeed.
- Take responsibility for all code submissions. Including build notes, bug database change notes and providing QA with relevant direction on new builds.
- Co-ordinate with external producers regarding build schedule, build delivery and bug fixes.
- Work with the Producer, Game Director and development team to create the project development plans.
- Assist in tracking and controlling the project development plan, schedules and budgets.
- Assist in identifying risk areas, resource deficiencies and requirements of the projects.
- Assist in preparing concept submission documents for platform holders, such as Sony and Microsoft.
- Assist the development team with design documentation and tuning gameplay.
- At the Producer’s discretion to manage external resources including, outsourced development, video editing, audio recording, audio editing and localisation.
- Assist the QA team in the development of test plans.
- Take responsibilities for taking minutes from meetings, distributing minutes and assigning/tracking action points from the minutes.
- Providing support for the Producer to ensure all communications with external parties are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure no communication is unanswered for longer than 24hrs.
- Ensure external QA are supplied with all relevant information for testing when delivering new builds
- Manage and maintain an issue tracking document for any relevant projects.
Key contacts: Production Director, Producer, Game Director, Lead Programmer, Lear Artist and Lead Designer
Direct staff responsibility: None
Skills, Education, Background
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Must be educated to at least A-level standard.
- Relevant Degree is desirable.
- MBA would be considered very desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience in a relevant development role.
- Must have experience of working within a video game development team, preferably at the Assistant Producer level.
- Team player – evidence of working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen gamer!
- Ideally an in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following: programming, art, design or QA.
Please be aware that, as a UK employer, we are required by law to ensure that potential employees are legally entitled to work here. We may ask you to bring documentary evidence such as a passport with you to your interview.